Thursday, February 21, 2008

No Problem, Big Problems, Pas de problème?

OK, feeling guilty about not posting in a while. Can't be a pseudo-blogger. Gotta show up for my peeps (or would that be "bleeps" in the blog world?). So a few quick thoughts.

First, those who have actually been the victim of "idea thieves" seem to be pretty scarce. In addition to the many posted comments (a new record for BOPreneur), I received several emails that sounded a similar refrain. Even Guy K sent me an email to that effect. Unfortunately, real kidney thieves seem to be more prevalent. So, case closed. Good news, DanD, as long as you use care in dangerous neighborhoods, you should be safe. NO PROBLEM.

Second, I recently got a link to an amazing site: Chris Jordan's art. The old saying about a picture being worth a thousand words? Well, these pictures will give you some sticky images about what our current economic system produces. If you are an entrepreneur, casting around for ideas on "What sucks?," I'd encourage you to take a look. Then figure out "What can I do to fix this?." BIG PROBLEMS.

Third, "entrepreneur" has French roots, you know? (despite one of GW's alleged quotes to the contrary). Voltaire is famous for many witty sayings, which all seem to translate well into English and across centuries (a good test for ideas, n'est-ce pas?). Anyhow, one of my favorites (it lives over my desk) is "No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking." I'd propose a change for BOPreneurs- "No problem can withstand the assault of sustainable thinking." Of course, if you read my blog, you know just thinking about a problem isn't enough. Action is also required of an entrepreneur. PAS DE PROBLEME.

No comments: