Friday, March 19, 2010

Derivative Book List

People often ask me for a book list. "What should I read if I want to find out more about... social entrepreneurship, international development, innovation, policy, leadership?" Well, I don't have a great memory for names, books, movies, records... so I often blank out. And while I read quite a bit, I sure haven't read everything on these topics.

But today, I am grading book reviews by students in our "Sustainable Technology Entrepreneurship for Engineers and Scientists" class.* I figure I will share a few of the titles they read. Perhaps it will give you a few additions to your reading list:

Making Globalization Work, Joseph Stiglitz.
The Power of Unreasonable People, J. Elkington and P. Hartigan
Elusive Quest for Growth, William Easterly
Be the Solution, Michael Strong
The Soul of Capitalism, William Greider
The One Straw Revolution, M. Fukuoka
Engineering, Poverty and the Earth, G. Catalano
The Cart that Changed the World, Terry Wilson
Small is Beautiful, E.F. Schumacher
The Bottom Billion, Paul Collier
Renewable Energy Policy, Paul Komor
The Plot to Save the Planet, Brian Dumaine
Mystery of Capital, Hernando DeSoto
Reengineering Your Company: From Engineer to Manager to Leader, Howard Eisner
Wings of Fire, APJ Abdul Kalam Azad
______
*I did not come up with the name. It is descriptive. And it is also probably a winner in any buzzword bingo game.

No comments: